Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Daily drama

Sorry for not posting much lately. Sometimes it feels like nothing's happening and then tons of little things happen at once. Like yesterday...

A: Went to the bathroom without telling the kids. In the process of being "absent," the mail truck pulled up to our house, Mads tried to let her in, subsequently letting the dog outside (he didn't have his collar on), finally came and told me someone was here. I went to the door to sign for the package then the mail lady tried to help me catch Drake. Did I mention I was still in my pajamas? Meanwhile the kids are standing in the doorway crying because I'm running down the street away from the house. Finally made the dog think it was a game and he chased me to the neighbors house and she helped hold him while I got his collar on and dragged him home.

B: While laying P down for nap, the doctor's office returned my phone call about some blood work I had done. Mads answered the phone for me and hung up on the nurse. After playing phone tag for another hour, I was able to reach her and get the info I needed (everything's fine).

C: P puked 4 times during the evening yesterday, 2 times happened to be while I was carrying him so my back got soaked. (He is doing much better today.)

D: The hot water bottle I was using to warm up the foot of the bed last night split wide open and soaked our sheets, comforter, and mattress last night. We spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up the mess and scrounging for miscellaneous blankets and towels to keep us dry and warm. Think I'll stick to microwavable rice bags from now on.

All in all not too big of a deal but when all of these things happen on the same day I tend to feel a little overwhelmed. At least today should be more manageable. We'll break out the camera soon and post winter/Christmas photos. Hope you're all having a joyful week leading up to this weekend!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Holy moly! that sounds like a lot for one mom to handle! I hope today is going MUCH better!!

Johnson Family said...

yuck. ick. and not cool. not a fun day at all. I'm sorry Parker got the sick bug too :-( and like Molly I hope today was much, much, much better.

Melinda said...

Today was loads better! I'm a little concerned Mads is getting a go at the bug but we'll have to wait and see. At least I was able to go to the bathroom without any events today.

Audry said...

Your life events should be in book form....Merry, Merry Christmas to one of my favorite families!!!