Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Family "hike"

Justin took a long lunch Monday so we could hang out on Waterworks Hill, the hiking area I frequented when we lived on the north side of town. I used to hike this area with Madeleine and Maggie a lot shortly after we found out we were pregnant with Parker and I quit working, beginning my quest to find all of the wildflowers in my Montana wildflower book. Waterworks Hill is home to the elusive bitterroot, a favorite, and this gully is covered with yellow balsamroot and purple lupine at the beginning of summer. All that to say, I really like this spot.
Despite our efforts to entice the kids to hike, we ended up dragging/carrying/distracting them with "how many grasshoppers can you chase" most of the way. At least it was sunny and Justin could be there with us.
Distracted again. This time they found sagebrush. Sometimes it'd be nice to be that short and see the world in it's grandeur.

Then again, sometimes we'd just like to get a little exercise. *sigh* There's always tomorrow...

No comments: