Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring

It snowed on Tuesday. Tomorrow is supposed to be 70. Spring in Montana requires down jackets and Chacos to be kept out by the front door.
My starters for the garden were not impressed by the snow.
Because of our often cloudy and gray spring days these starters have been very grateful for the skylight Justin installed on Easter Sunday in the bathroom. It provides tons of light and snuggled by the heater in ziplock bags makes it a virtual greenhouse for these little guys. So far I've only started some herbs and peppers but with the beautiful forecast for tomorrow I think the tomatoes may get a turn to spout.
And I had to share this moment. My favorite memory of Madeleine and Maggie is when she'd pick out books and read them to her. I'm glad to see the tradition will continue, even if it is bittersweet.

No comments: