Justin's pursuit of the fountain of youth led him to join the YMCA. The last few weeks he has committed to riding a spin bike, swimming in the pool, and lifting. I, on the other hand, have decided to try something new and take a pilates class. It's only once a week and through the adult ed. program in town so it's not aggressive or intense...just an introduction. So far I really enjoy it and I haven't been too sore so I'm either doing it wrong or not as bad of shape as I thought.
My other indulgent endeavor has been a sewing class, also taught through adult ed. Justin calls it home ec which is appropriate considering a former high school home ec teacher teaches us but she's great and I've already completed the first project: a pillowcase! Tomorrow we'll learn about adding zippers and hemming garments. I hope to proudly post pictures of everything I make in my class and maybe even a few projects I take on outside of it.
I may be 30 and Justin's on his way but we're not giving in to aging just yet. Here's to living life to the fullest in 2010!
3 comments:
Awesome. Enjoy your new activities. if they offer Zumba at the Y go for it. Lots of fun.
go melinda go!! here's hoping that 2010 is at least 2% better than 2009 (www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com - it was a few days ago but the entry made me CRACK up).
Wow, I am so impressed. Impressed that you found the time to assess the fact that you needed to have goals and put yourselves as a priority. I have known this for a while, but the most I can do about it is hope that someday Zach and I have the motivation and time to talk about having goals. :-) I did finally join the church choir last night, and I'm so glad I did that! I am now motivated to post to my blog!
Post a Comment