Goodbye Nathan; hello Bryon! In case you don't remember, Nathan was my new best friend who was leading me through the loan application process. Well, Nathan and I parted ways today when I found out we weren't approved for our loan through Navy Federal Credit Union. The only hang up was that Justin's on a one year probation with his new job; the underwriters didn't like that. Well hello Mr. Underwriter: all federal employees have a one year probation period! Nevertheless, with the clock ticking, we contacted a mortgage broker here in town we had spoken with a few months ago and he was more than willing to work with us. NFCU dragged out the pre-approval process for two weeks; my new friend Bryon got it done in 3 hours! So we are all set to move forward with closing on the 24th of this month. I'm frustrated that I spent so much time on the phone ignoring the kids to only be rejected but I'm relieved that we're not completely screwed. Things are starting to look better (except we're going to have to start packing soon...grrr).
Meanwhile, I've been tickled watching Madeleine adjust to being a big sister. Seeing as I am an only child, I had no idea as to how one makes a transition like that, but she's been a champ! She loves it when I bring Parker into her room when she wakes up. She always wants to hang out with him in her crib and on the changing table. If he's crying while I'm trying to put her down for a nap, she wants to go and make sure he's okay (I'm trying to help her realize that it's okay for him to cry sometimes though). I love seeing her express genuine affection. I know the day will probably come when she intentionally whacks him on the head with a toy but for now I'm basking in the delight of her gentle kisses, hugs, and touches.

Madeleine and Parker also soak in serious Daddy time when Justin gets home from work. As you can see, they love their dad! More tomorrow on Parker's one-month birthday!!!
2 comments:
so sweet. and you're right: you have real excuses not to update your blog every hour. but when you do, my little heart smiles at your beautiful kids' faces :)
I figured little Parker would be getting bigger already! I am so glad that Madeleine is enjoying big-sisterhood! Speaking as a big sister, it has its perks! I'm glad to see a new post - I figured you guys were pretty swamped with work and just trusted that if you needed me, you'd let me know! Be in touch when you have time...like I said on the phone, I'm happy to help out with child-watching while you guys pack!
Post a Comment