This past week was our last week with Justin being home. Throughout the week I kept asking him how it felt to know he'd be starting his real career on Monday. Then all of a sudden, while putting Madeleine to bed tonight, it hit me: my full-time job begins on Monday too. I've been so wrapped up in thinking about Justin's job that my job as a full-time mom of two hadn't quite hit me. I've been prone to tearing up since then (probably also slightly attributable to postpartum stuff) thinking about doing this alone. Of course Justin will usually be home in the evenings but still, for 8 to 9 hours a day I'll be flying solo.
In light of this, I got my haircut yesterday thinking that it probably wouldn't be easy to get it done with a baby and toddler in tow. Fortunately my hairdresser works Saturdays so I should still have a chance to get it cut in the coming months. Nevertheless, back in April I remember being delighted sitting in the dentist's office simply because I was alone. I didn't even hear them call my name the first time because I was in a childless stupor. I wonder if every mom goes through this...
So for those of you who don't mind, I'll probably be calling you in the next few weeks to jokingly lament about my full-time (and underpaid) job. I may cry, laugh, slip in and out of delirium, etc., but if you can at least help me to use some three syllable words, I'd appreciate it. Justin and I joked that I should keep a tally of how many diapers I change each day. Quite literally my day will revolve around feeding and changing these kiddos. I only hope that I can occasionally find time to change and feed myself!
Since I mentioned haircuts, here's another excuse to post videos. I cut Madeleine's bangs again this past week because she had been walking around with her head tilted up trying to look under them. Here's how she looks (and acts) now.
1 comment:
Hi Melinda! We'll have to talk sometime in between our feedings...I'm dreading Zach going back to work, as I don't know if I can be all alone with Wendy yet! We still have another week. Also, as for the hiccups, Wendy and Parker could have a contest. She is very good at it. Talk to you soon, hon.
Stacy
Post a Comment